Keep your bills on the level with our Budget Billing program!
How it works
Budget Billing is a voluntary program that eases the highs and lows of your monthly bills. Instead of paying your actual energy costs each month, which can fluctuate, you pay an average amount, based on your energy use from the previous 12 months.
The difference between the billed amount and the actual amount of energy used is called a "deferred amount." Please note that Budget Billing is not a discount program. The deferred amount is included in the annual average energy costs. As a Budget Billing customer, we will continue to read your meter each month, so you can see your actual usage and cost, along with your deferred amount.
Each year on your enrollment anniversary, and periodically at other times, we will review your account to determine if your Budget Billing amount needs to be adjusted. We will notify you of any adjustments before your bill changes.
How to qualify
- You must be a small business customer on a Small General Service (SGS) rate.
- You must not owe an overdue balance or have a pending service disconnection order.
How to enroll
- To sign up, .
- Or, call our Business & Industry Contact Center at 866-832-6249.
- The next billing cycle will activate your request.
- The monthly designated amount must be paid.
- Late charges do apply.
- Accounts must be maintained current to remain active in the Budget Billing program.
- If your account generates two service disconnection orders within 12 months for non-payment, your account will be dropped from the Budget Billing program.
- Your monthly amount will be recalculated after one year on the program or sooner if significant changes to the monthly consumption patterns occur. The monthly amount may be increased or decreased based on the new calculation.
- Bill messages will appear on your bill with any change made to the budgeted amount.
- A correspondence will be sent any time your bill amount changes.
To discontinue Budget Billing
- When discontinuing Budget Billing the entire deferred balance will be posted directly to your account. If a debit amount, this balance is due on your next statement payment date. If a credit amount, TECO will credit your statement by that amount.
- To discontinue Budget Billing, and select the "off" button. Or, call 866-832-6249 and speak to a Business & Industry account specialist.